zondag 13 april 2008

Sleeping is too much of a word… (Accra, 31-03-2008)

Last night soaking in our own sweat under a mosquito net in our double bed, the ventilator kept on failing with every power short cut…. Halfway through the night I wake up dizzy and sick. Stumbling to the toilet with my flashlight, I start doubting this mission for the first time. Am I up to the “violence” of the African continent? Already there is no air to breath and they say that Tamale is even hotter…

My intestines (darmen) have a better flush than the toilet … but a bucket of water is there to help. Of what was left, my stomach relieves itself in the sink.

Crawling back to bed, the rest of the night is spent half awake, half unconscious – sleeping is something else.

(All seems more dramatic than it is. Malarone + heat + one glass of beer taken in the hope that it would still the thirst for more than just ten minutes, can produce a lot of nausea… I am still parasite-free)

Geen opmerkingen: